I followed your directions exactly and I still do not have Print in the services menu in either Mojave or Catalina. Additionally I have scanned the options in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services and under text there are a lot of options from
  • calc service
  • BBedit
  • DEVONThink
  • Xcode
  • Scriviner
  • wordservice
  • Apple
but NO PRINT. Those service providers are apps that appear on the list when the app is placed in the /Applications folder. The app does not have to be launched or running to be available to provide the service.

Your Print service is almost certainly provided by some app in the /Applications folder and should appear in the list of services in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services. It is probably a holdover from a previous iteration of MacOS and it may even be a hangover from an incomplete uninstall of some long forgotten app.

System Information > Software will show list of all apps on your system and indicate whether or not they are 64 bit. That is where I would start looking for your Services culprit. Another likely suspect would be some printer app maybe installed as part of a printer driver. Whatever the case, I suspect fixing the problem will result in losing the Print item in your services menu.

NOTE: I just found Print Selection on the App Store that appears to provide the same Print utility from either the Menu Bar or the Service menu and since it is on the App Store it is 64 bit. FYI I got Print Selection and tried it out. I think I am going to get a lot of use out of it — thanks for starting this thread or I would never have known I needed the service. By-the-way clicking on the service launches the app so you do not need to have it launch at logon.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein