CATALINA PUBLIC BETA 4

1. For some unexplained reason Software Update has refused to recognize or install public betas 3 and 4. 🤬 Today I "fixed" that by booting from the Recovery Drive (⌘R) and re-installing Catalina which, of course is, the public beta 4 build.
    • Problem solved — at least until Public Beta 5 😳
  2. The good news is most of the significant problems I had previously encountered have been resolved in Public Beta 4 😀
    • DEVONThink 3 beta runs perfectly and I have been able to remove DEVONThink Pro Office 2.11 👍
    • So far Safari & Safari Technology Preview have been very stable 🤞
    • Files placed on the Desktop are uploading to iCloud Drive almost immediately which is the desired performance
    • A bunch of system files and folders on the drive root have disappeared and I can't find where they have disappeared to. 🤷‍♂️
    • One of my scanner apps still refuses to recognize the scanner 👎 but Vuescan still sees the drivers and works just fine 👌
  3. So far I have been able to close 10 problem reports as either unrepeatable or solved by PB 4 👏
  4. Unless I run into something unexpected Catalina has reached the stage of being a fully usable OS with only some minor quirks and issues needing to be worked out by third party software developers.
NOTE: In spite of this relatively robust stage of development, I am confident there are still lots of bugs I have not encountered and on top of that there are several very significant planned features that have yet to be introduced and each of those has the potential for creating new issues in any and every part of the OS.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein