CleanApp debunked...

Admittedly skeptical, I d/l'ed the CleanApp demo, OK'd all the options, and examined Excel, which, of my apps, is the one most likely to have planted files all over my SSD, and indeed, CleanApp found many items of seemingly indeterminate origin, such as these.

My immediate take was that CleanApp actually is somehow capable of finding
Quote:
files...hidden in places you wouldn't expect them to be
but I quickly discovered that the paths to many of them included "Excel," so Find Any File et.al. would have found them handily. (The paths that didn't include "Excel" were Microsoft/Office related and were subject to deletion only because Excel is the only Office app I'm running.)

And I was totally put off by the deceptive presentation.

But in keeping with my mission, I hit delete, emptied the trash, and ran a FAF search for "Excel," which returned this.

As you can see, CleanApp did not completely delete Excel's associated files.

And likewise, it failed to find all the components of my other apps.

CONCLUSION: Assuming that my results are representative, which seems like a fair assumption, CleanApp DOES NOT DO THE APP REMOVAL JOB IT PURPORTS TO DO, AND IN THAT RESPECT IT'S AN UNMITIGATED FRAUD!

And the ultimate irony is that after following Synium Software's instructions for uninstalling the demo, Find Any File found this and this.

Talk about adding insult to injury! frown

Apparently, Synium's idea of committing suicide is jumping out of a basement window. tongue

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire