Originally Posted By: joemikeb
I find I am spending more time in System Preferences > Security and Privacy than just about any other app in Catalina except Safari and Airmail granting permissions of one sort or another. Of course this is all in the name of SECURITY and should slow down as Catalina is used. Rather than taking control away from users this puts far more precise control in the hands of the user, but I have to think it is going to be annoying for a LOT of non-technical or security-complacent (that's you Artie 😉) users.

I've been dealing with Accessibility and Full Disk Access for several versions of macOS already, my apps that have required one or the other have all requested it in advance of their actually needing it, and I'm surprised that Graphic Converter doesn't do the same. My biggest culprit in the sandboxing area will be Butler; I wonder how it will address the issue?

As for other features, I hope there'll be a means to turn off those we deem unnecessary, as can be done with Gatekeeper and SIP.

And what I can't avoid, I'll deal with, but as you've suggested, much, if not most, of it will be one time only.

And as for my "security complacence," I suspect that aside from Gatekeeper and SIP it refers to my password scheme, so I'll make you an offer: Call it bartender's instinct or stupidity, but I trust you implicitly, and I'll be happy to send you my list of innocuous sites, login IDs, and my universal password for you to take a swing at to see if you can hit a home run...if you've ever got time for such an endeavor between beta testing.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire