Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
Anybody got a clue?
  1. Your MBP was fixed under a recall which superseded the normal out of warranty battery repair
  2. The recall covered all the specified MBP models regardless of their Warranty status
  3. The Genius and/or the Store Manager exercised their authority to make the repair under the recall.
FWIW I have seen all of these cases over the years. Apple generally takes the attitude that customer satisfaction overrides cost considerations.

It turned out that the answer is "None of the above."

When I got my MBP back, the final bill was not for $199+100, and not for $475+100, but for $210+100. Go figure. crazy

The extra $11 may have been because Apple replaced my top case in addition to my battery, but $11 seems awfully little for that to have been the case.

They cleaned my screen cleaner than it's been since the instant I unboxed my machine, and considering that I've gotten machines back with Apple-inflicted damage, that's over the top! smile

Aside: I'm not so sure about that 13" screen any more, but if (when frown ) the time comes I"ll look at a 13" machine with a retina display.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire