Originally Posted By: artie505
Hi, Rita.

I've no longer got EasyFind, so I'm working from memory.

Per Devon Technologies, they deliberately made it difficult to delete items that require verification as your Facebook files apparently do.

But... You can hit command-R to get to their locations and delete them, after verification, from there. Chances are that all your Facebook files are in no more than a couple of locations and that deleting them in bulk will be easy.

Hi Artie: I tried what you said and found a lot of files that included "Facebook Strings, Facebook Contact Updater, F/B plugin Bundle, F/B Video, etc., all of which could not be "modified or deleted because it's required by MacOS)!! That makes me angry. I don't really want them in my computer. I don't know if they can see my contacts or anything else but it feels invasive. Out of over 500 files, I got rid of about 300 with OnyX. It couldn't remove the rest and I guess I can't do it manually thanks to Apple.

Update: I just tried the same thing with Google and got the same "string" message. Can't get rid of about 60 Google files or strings or whatever.

Last edited by plantsower; 07/03/19 04:19 PM.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8