Further to my previous post ...

In lieu of a screen shot — Imgur takes forever to load without broadband/high-speed internet access — here's the text of that preliminary panel:

Important News

This installation of Firefox has a new profile. It does not share bookmarks, passwords, and user preferences with other installations of Firefox (including Firefox, Firefox ESR, Firefox Beta, Firefox Developer Edition, and Firefox Nightly) on this computer.

To sync information you've already saved to Firefox with this installation of Firefox, sign in with your Firefox Account.

A secondary page states:

What are my options?

If you do nothing, your profile data in Firefox will be different from profile data in other installations of Firefox.

If you would like all of your profile data to be the same on all installations of Firefox, you can use a Firefox Account to keep them in sync.

If I try to open a Firefox Account, it fails (ie, I can't "continue", the button is dead).

As for contacting Firefox Support, that's a non-starter. Every time I've tried in past, it hasn't worked. Again, the reason is likely that I don't have broadband/high-speed access.