Originally Posted By: kevs
Still too confused on Pro Etrecheck, but that's their fault right?
What isn't mentioned on their web page is the "in app" purchase of additional capabilities.

Originally Posted By: keys
When was Etra Check invented? I remember tech tools and ONyx etc, Etra Check is a kind of new Beast right? Something unique about it? What is it doing that those others don't do?
Etrecheck is recent, like the past couple of years and it does not do anything that OnyX, TechTool Pro, Drive Genius, Cocktail, etc. do, and they don't do anything that Etrecheck does. OnyX and Cocktail trigger functions built into macOS that would otherwise have to be activated using the command line. TechTool, Drive Genius etc. "repair/rebuild" data structures on the hard drive. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that gathers, analyzes, and reports data about the system.

Originally Posted By: keys
"Plume Router" I don't even want ask what that is! I get a free Modem / Router from ATT... I'm doubt they have even heard of it!
Plume is a brand of mesh networking routers.

THIS JUST IN
I went to the App Store and if you scroll down the description you will find the following:
Originally Posted By: App Store
In-app purchase:
Etrecheck also provides a Power User in-app purchase that goes beyond the text-based report. It displays a rich, interactive interface that provides additional information, charts and graphs, and information to help you learn more about the details of your computer.

If you don't want to post your EtreCheck report publicly, the Power User package can also generate solutions to your computer problems using our AI-drive diagnostic engine. A solution will include solutions for each major and minor issue, and, in most cases, one or more step-by-step instructions to help you fix your computer problem yourself.

EtlreCheck is designed to put you back in control
So yes the App Store version can be upgraded to Pro — but it the upgrade isn't free.

Last edited by joemikeb; 06/13/19 12:04 PM. Reason: This Just In

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein