Originally Posted By: plantsower
OK, it worked when I clicked on the desktop. Thanks. EasyFind does show invisibles and I had it checked, so not sure why it took so long to delete but all is well. Thanks again.

Rita

I can posit a number possible reasons it took so long, but they would all just be guesses. If you encounter a similar situation in the future try rebooting in "Safe Mode",...

Originally Posted By: macOS Users Guide
Start up your Mac in safe mode
Starting up your Mac in safe mode may help you diagnose problems with your Mac.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Shut Down.
  2. [After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.
  3. Immediately after your Mac starts (some Mac computers play a startup sound), press and hold the Shift key.
  4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.
——————————————————————————————————--

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac again, but donʼt press and hold any keys during startup.

...then try deleting the "stuck" file(s).

FWIW I used to have EasyFind and found it useful because of Spotlight's early limitations, but in the last few releases of MacOS, I find that by tweaking the options in the Finder window, I can find anything I want in milliseconds as compared to a several minute search required by EasyWord. When searching for file content the speed difference is huge. As a test, I just downloaded the latest EasyFind from the App Store and ran a few tests. To my great surprise, Finder/Spotlight found files that were apparently invisible to EasyFind with all its options turned on. 😳

Last edited by joemikeb; 05/27/19 04:15 PM. Reason: EasyFind comment

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein