Looks like this a British thing, not widely used in the US. I tried to install and my bank site where I go online is highlighted in green as they promise. However, other banks where I check the credit cards do not show it. I could find a couple of reviews; they are not glowing at all but it might be related to the fact that people don't understand it. One poster frankly wrote that he could not understand the usefulness because there are no messages or warnings. Since your bank urges you to install it (make sure it is the bank and not somebody else - call the customer service), I would do it. On the other hand, iCab warns you if you visit a phishing or malware distributing site keeping the Google database up to date to a day. Rapport claims to check for keystroke recorders as well, which my be good for us. Generally, I am not sure how it does the tricks it claims to do.
The program installs a folder Rapport in the main library; there is an uninstaller file. I am not sure how to uninstall with it.
Would also be curious about others' opinions.
Cheers

Alex
3.1 GHz 13" MacBook Pro 2015, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.11.2, Office 2011, TimeWarner Cable
2.8 GHz Xeon Mac Pro 2010, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.11.2, Office 2011, LAN