Originally Posted By: Rick Deckard
However, I will detail those issues in other posts since they are beyond the scope of this thread.

Your statement reminds me of what the French mathematician Fermat wrote in the margin of a textbook, something to the effect that this margin does not afford him the space to provide the details of the proof to the question under consideration. No proof by Fermat was ever found and for nearly 300 years mathematicians tried to prove what Fermat said he had proved. Finally in 1995 British mathematician Andrew Wiles presented a complete proof of "Fermat's Last Theorem". The proof utilized mathematical concepts not (most likely) known to Fermat, so in all likelihood Fermat did not prove the theorem, regardless of the space in the margin.

Fermat's Conjecture: for n greater than 2 there are no counting numbers, call them a, b and c; that make a^n + b^n = c^n true.

Yes, this is the general variation of the Pythagorean Theorem. But I digress. smirk

Let's hope Rick provides the bug info in less than 300 years.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.