Originally Posted By: artie505

We're not focusing on this or that specific, and neither the actions of previous administrations nor executive privileges belong in the discussion.

Says who? If I think something is relevant I'm going to bring it up. When most of the biggest complaints against Trump seem to be that he violates civilized/political/constitutional norms, then the actions of previous Presidents and administrations are absolutely on point.

And because the Constitution won't allow him to silence those segments of the media that he doesn't like he's attempting to circumvent it and minimize our First Amendment guaranteed freedoms of speech and of the press by incessantly demonizing their proponents...a lesser shot, but a shot nonetheless.

Suggesting that the President refrain from exercising his first amendment rights seems an odd way to defend the 1st Amendment, but never mind. Have you been listening to the Democrats lately? This President has no monopoly on demonization!

Here's what trying to shut down freedom of speech looks like: Campus radicals harassing conservative black speaker Candace Owens at U. Penn, screaming "Get the **** out of here," among other civilities. And this video is relatively tame, it's just the most recent one that showed up; far worse has been happening to conservative speakers (and Owens herself) on campuses all over the country. Oddly enough, it rarely happens in reverse.

I'm no pollyanna. I understand editorial policies and priorities and slanting news, and I support Tump's right to object and fight back, but NOT in the manner in which he's doing it.

So it's his style you find so deeply offensive. I get that impression from a number of the OK/but comments here.

And in a different vein, I respect people's right to object to unfavorable Supreme Court decisions, and I respect their right to object to the makeup of the Court that handed down those decisions, but when they take issue with the wisdom that resulted in the makeup of that Court, it's another shot across the bow of the Constitution.

The big difference between us is that you came across an idea that disturbed you in a pro-life pamphlet somewhere that nobody ever heard of, while I heard the court packing scheme from leading Democrats and Presidential hopefuls. Monkeying around with the Electoral College, in ways that would also horrify the Founders, seems to be pretty popular among the Democrats too, so to speak.

Do you seriously believe that everything published about Trump in the Washington Post is false while everything that comes across Fox News is fact?

Are you seriously posing that question to me? If so, you apparently know so little about Trump's actual constituency, you've got nothing to work with but politically convenient stereotypes. I do think the Post's coverage has deteriorated since Bezos took over -- and the Nicholas Sandmann defamation suit isn't going to help their credibility -- but I don't even watch Fox News. Do you? Are you an MSNBC junkie? One of the reasons I originally posted here was because everybody seemed to be reading from the same script.