Originally Posted By: artie505
We sure could have used this back in the days when problems were a problem.

Problems are still a problem and although they are not as frequent, IMHO we too often spend too much time trying to figure out what problem the OP is trying to solve. If the OP followed this form there might be a lot less misunderstanding and running rabbit trails.

Will it be interactive?

That would be nice. Apple accomplishes that with a full blown app installed on the device or an interactive web page, either of which would require a lot of coding and both of which would face substantial implementation obstacles. The ideal implementation would be embed javascript code embedded in ubb-threads, and I don't know what that would take or even if we would be allowed to do that.

Can we start a "Who'll Use It and Who Won't" office pool? (In all fairness, old timers may never notice it; it's new posters who are most likely to see it.)

Even if they see it would they pay any attention to it? That's why I think embedded Javascript would be the best solution. If were to be fully effective, it would be interactive and automatic when starting a new thread and could be tailored to the particular forum. (I would also turn downloads on.)

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein