Originally Posted By: JM Hanes
I'd be very interested in hearing some examples of where you and Artie believe Trump and those "Americans" who elected him have traduced the Constitution.

I'd say "shown contempt for." ("Traduce" is what Trump does to people he doesn't like or who don't agree with him.)

As evidenced by his constant attempts to suppress the media with his "false news" rhetoric, and more to the point, his openly expressed desire to make it illegal for the media to criticize him, Trump has shown contempt for for the First Amendment guaranteed freedoms of speech and the press.

And his constant attacks on the Judiciary demonstrate contempt for the separation of powers so wisely imposed by the Constitution. (*)

Representative of Trump's constituency, I've seen right-to-life literature that complained about "nine people who weren't even elected to their positions," i.e. the Supreme Court Justices, and by extension, the Constitutional wisdom of not filling positions on the Court based on the results of popularity contests which would inevitably revolve around the expression of opinions about cases future Justices may have to hear.

The Constitution is, indeed, under attack by Trump and his minions.

(*) I've often wondered how Trump's ex-federal judge sister truly feels about his attacks on the judiciary.

Last edited by artie505; 04/15/19 02:07 AM. Reason: Succinctify

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire