Hypocrisy is the rule, not the exception, in Washington, on both sides of the political aisle. Everybody decries deficit spending, and budgets keep going up. Of course, the budgets are designed in the House of Representatives, not the White House, separation of powers being what it is.

If you haven't seen any empathy for those who are "different" from this President, we must be looking in very different places. I do think it takes a lot of work to cast Trump as a Neo-Nazi cultivator, when his daughter has converted to Judaism for her husband, and Trump's approval in Israel is running at something like 90%, among other markers. He has been meeting African American pastors and other leaders in their communities, where they have good things to say about both his understanding and his empathy. He was New York born and bred, but he certainly understands this country's blue collar workers, and the Americans in flyover country, better than most of his opposition and certainly far better than anyone in the press, to whom all Trump supporters seem to look alike.

I'd be very interested in hearing some examples of where you and Artie believe Trump and those "Americans" who elected him have traduced the Constitution. I thought it was folks on the left who embraced the "living constitution" approach.

As for the Mueller report, I think we can safely assume that he did not recommend any indictments, and there plenty of conclusions that can be drawn from that. Perhaps the Democrats who are pounding on the table for full release now, should have looked at the Special Counsel regulations which don't, in fact, require the AG to release anything to the public at all, before they embraced the Mueller appointment so unreservedly. I suspect that they were so sure he'd find something, that they didn't bother to check, which seems typical at this point. The fact that the Atty General is planning to release an appropriately redacted report goes much further than required, and actually ignores DoJ policy, which is not to release any information about an investigation which does not result in an indictment -- for what we used to call the protection of the innocent. If Barr's summary (including the statement that nothing requested by Mueller was denied to him), misrepresented Muller's findings, would Mueller sit idly by?