I have always been able to discuss politics with anyone of any political persuasion, from liberal to conservative, from hedonist to totalitarian. People can differ on what they think is a good and proper political agenda. I also believe that all politicians are corrupt to some level, or they would not have gotten as far as they have; it is a dirty game if one chooses to play. What I cannot tolerate is the hypocrisy of the current administration, the constant changing of stories and backpedalling, and the ignorance of the roles of the branches of the government and of a free press in a democracy.

Most people accept that pretty much beginning with Gary Hart's tryst, the sexual behavior of candidates and of sitting presidents is under a public microscope. Right or wrong, the current players jumped all over a past president and sitting senators and congressmen for their peccadillos; yet, for the current administration, as long as corporate taxes are cut or a wall is built, sexual behavior does not matter. To me that is hypocrisy.

For the current administration to condemn the past one for excessive travel expenses and then in the first year of this administration exceed the costs of the previous 8 years, that is hypocrisy.

To condemn deficit spending, even if for a national good like fixing the infrastructure, and then to create and pass a budget that creates one of the fastest growing deficits in the history of the United States, that is hypocrisy.

To announce in one of the Presidential Debates of 2016 that "when [not if] I win, I will release my tax returns" and then not do it, that is hypocrisy.

To accuse the Clinton Foundation of being a pay-for-play organization and then create a Trump Foundation that buys portraits of Trump to hang in Mar-a-Lago and that as a foundation gave $0.00 in charitable donations until the "fake news" press brought the fact to light; that is hypocrisy.

And don't get me started on the welcoming of neo-Nazis literally into the White House. I am sorry, there is no such thing as a "good Nazi." Yes, I am sure that Goring loved his 6 children, maybe even doted on them. That might make him a good father, but the values he imparted to his children are not values of humanity. That makes him not a good person. If someone who participates in a white power rally imparts those similar attitudes, they are not "good people". Good people do not participate in torchlight rallies with signs condemning specific religions and races. That is hypocrisy.

Until the current administration shows an understanding, no an empathy, for those who are different from themselves, whatever that difference may be, I personally will have a hard time seeing all the good. The ends do not always justify the means.

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.