Originally Posted By: ryck
I think the dialogue would be furthered if you could put some meat on these bones. For example, what are the things Trump has done that you believe are good for America and why do you believe the investigations are bogus?

Originally Posted By: MacManiac
As a retired Naval Officer, with direct experience in many other countries and cultures, my personal concerns with our President's actions, policies and performance as a world leader are based on the broader picture of our Nation's perception and position on the stage of international policy and effectiveness as a result.

Big questions! My response ended up being at least three comments long, so I decided that's how I'd post it. If I tried to make it shorter it would just take longer, and it doesn't look like I'll be interrupting another conversation. I'll start by just referring you to this article: Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments in just 20 months, ‘relentless’ promise-keeping in the Washington Examiner, and then concentrate on responding to the investigation and foreign policy questions. That list was as of last October, so I'm sure the count is higher now. smile

Yes, it includes a lot of cheerleading, and the Wash. Examiner is a decidedly conservative outlet, but if you want to hear anything positive about the President, that's where you have to look. It seems to me that most of the coverage devoted to Trump in other mainstream news outfits is just inside the Beltway gossip which almost none of the gazillion anonymous promulgators wants to own up to. It has also practically drowned out substantive coverage about a lot of what else the President has been doing.

In any case, while we may disagree about what constitutes desirable change, the article will give you a general idea of how Republicans on a whole see Trump. I do think that the economy has been chugging along nicely. The numbers are looking good and we're basically at full employment. Black unemployment, in particular, is way down, and that's not an accident. Trump has paid more attention to inner cities than any prior Republican in my memory. That's also why he's doing better, approval wise, in black and hispanic/latino communities than former Republican White House contenders, and I believe that's a healthy change. I think he gets a bad rap on the immigration front, but that is yet another discussion.

And on to Part Deux...