Oh well...apparently, any earnest discussion of 'unexplained scientific principles' will *not* be taking place after all.

Originally Posted By: sandbag
You can pretend to be a "scientist" and I'll continue to examine how a scientist justifies their unsubstantiated faith in superman in a thread that you would like to be about physics now, while arguing for the right to your religious beliefs.

Petty tyrannical nonsense.

I'm the juvenile, and I'm unscientific because I will not concede to your notion that god and scientific inquiry can coexist in a thread, school or mind without contradiction.

Concede? You're the one who keeps bringing up religion. As i said a dozen times: believe what you want. Let me augment that: i don't care what you believe.

I guess they rode you pretty hard in that catholic school, huh?  My condolences.

If you apply the same rigorous qualification to your faith, as you would expect in scientific inquiry you would come to see my position.

What faith???... i already told you i was agnostic. Look up the word dude, and learn something for a change. It's you -- the atheist -- who's the one with faith... because you *believe* there is no God, despite the lack of any conclusive proof one way or the other.

Time and brainpower is being wasted on satisfying people fears and needs. As I mentioned earlier just imagine the trillions of hours lost looking for superman, and creating new supermen with all their contradictions and desires to engineer societies through the millennium.

Oh shut up. grin    If you want to talk about "time", try filling in the blanks in my last post to alternaut (where did s/he go?):

Complete the following sentence (using as many words as necessary):
In the 1800s, science __________ Newton's concept of time... based on __________ .