Quote:
I agree. The way sandbox used your "vampire" word as a means to launch another anti-Christian attack was pretty pathetic.

I don't really see it that way; there is no attack on anyone or any religion. The question seemed be how do we move cultures from the myth of Vampires as an example, to scientific exploration. I expressed my view of what seems to be the origins of vampirism in Eastern Europe under the religious direction of the Catholic Church. A church that, has a tradition of symbolically eating the flesh and drinking the blood of their god. I know of no other religious tradition or culture that does this, if you do please share it with us so that we can understand that it's not unique to a specific religious culture but, possibly a normal activity practiced by our species.

Is there some scientific way to calculate how much power is derived from symbolically drinking the blood your god? Is there a correlation between the measurement of energy, and the energy one gets when watching a vampire program, or watching evangelicals extracting money on TV?

How does a belief in the power of symbolically eating and drinking the body parts of your god advance the cause of science?

I hope this inquiry is not ad-hoc, I was hoping to understand how faith in the supernatural helped advance our exploration of the universe.

I've always suspected that hocus pocus was just a distraction from true exploration, but since you’re the "scientist" advocating ambiguously that hocus pocus is of use to you, I'll concede to your scientific expertise and try to find a vegetarian tradition that only requires me to symbolically eat the sauce or noodles.

Again, the purpose of the original question was too try to find scientific exercises that would correlate with faith based presumptions.