This took some digging.

I finally found your referenced MP Navigator Ex Ver. 5.1.2 here; it IS 10.13 compatible, but, as per my experimentation, it's NOT 64 bit.

The latest driver for your Pixma appears to be Pixma MX710 series CUPS Printer Driver for macOS 10.13...16.20.0, found here; it's both 10.13 compatible and 64 bit, but, as per my experimentation, it's NOT 10.14 compatible. Since you've got 64 bit apps, you seem to have d/l'ed it at some point.

But the bottom line appears to be that you're NOT "good to go" in either 10.14 or 10.15 despite your 64 bit apps, because the driver, ITSELF, is NOT compatible.

(For what it's worth:
  1. Your Pixma MX 710 no longer appears on Canon's website, here, and
  2. the driver for a Pixma MX712, which I assume (Yeah, I know! tongue ) followed your 710, and which has apparently also been discontinued, found here, shows "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver." when I select 10.14, and
  3. there appears to be a separate scanner driver for 10.13, which d/l's as MP Navigator Ex Ver. 5.1.2, listed on the same page, but I couldn't even examine it with Pacifist..."Missing file" error, let alone test it.)
YEAH! I'm confused too. confused

Last edited by artie505; 03/27/19 09:38 AM. Reason: Expand

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire