Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: artie505
Unfortunately, though, its included apps won't open in my Mojave, so your printer looks to be be a dead issue down the road....

By "down the road" do you mean Mojave [sic] 10.15? I'm thinking, if I go to 10.14, I'll stay there as long as possible.

By "down the road", I meant macOS 10.15 La Brea Tar Pits, but if the latest driver doesn't work in 10.14 Mojave, as appears to be the case, you'll be stuck in 10.13 High Sierra.

Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: artie505
....so your printer looks to be be a dead issue down the road all the same unless you opt for a print-only volume.

Print-only wouldn't work for me. I do a fair amount of scanning.

Sorry for not being specific. "Print only" meant "only to use your Pixma, not just for printing per se", but if you need to use it with any sort of frequency, it would be too much of a PIA.

I'll guess that if Canon hasn't released a Mojave compatible driver for your Pixma by now, it's probably a dead issue.

Why don't you contact them and see what they've got to say about it?

This may be feasible: If you've got a spare Mac lying around you can keep it booted into a Pixma compatible volume for scanning and printing only, but getting data from one Mac to the other would be a PIA.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire