Originally Posted By: jchuzi
....I don't want the Magic Mouse because I neither want to change batteries nor have to keep it plugged into a charger (and risk having it non-functional if the batteries run down and need to be recharged).

Originally Posted By: MG2009
....at least I can still turn off the computer at the end of the day and re-charge the mouse overnight in a standard outlet.

It appears that, even if you do run out of charge at a bad time, it may not be a show-stopper. When I was searching around for some answers to the challenges I’ve encountered (above), I ran across this information:

“Apple has said that the Magic Mouse 2 (along with the Magic Trackpad 2 and the Magic Keyboard) are fast-charging devices; the mouse can get nine hours’ worth of battery life in about two minutes. So, in the time it takes for you to visit the bathroom, stand up because your Apple Watch told you to, or go to the kitchen to grab a beverage, your drained Magic Mouse 2 will have a charge that will last a typical working day.”

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C