Originally Posted By: jchuzi
I have been happily using the wired Apple Mouse despite the tendency of the scroll wheel to become clogged and non-functional.

Originally Posted By: MacManiac
I've personally never had any issues with any of the MacAlly USB wired mice that I've used over the past 35 years……

I'm with you, where wire is concerned. I’ve always been “pro wire” and my desktop is connected through an ethernet cable, even though I have wi-fi available. I have also always been pro-trackball and, since the first one came out decades ago, I have never used a mouse.

Given the things revealed in this thread I thought I’d try the wireless Magic Mouse 2 that came with my last desktop purchase…breaking my traditions of both wire and trackballs. However, I am thinking about going back to my old trackball based on the fact that I’m constantly getting it out when the wireless Magic Mouse doesn’t perform. Examples:

• if I go near the screen edge, it locks up
• it may or may not allow me to highlight text by dragging
• it may stop moving the cursor, even in the middle of the screen
• sometimes a spreadsheet will move laterally for no apparent reason
• the single click will take several attempts before it connects

I figure, if I have to keep getting out my old wired trackball to get the wireless Magic Mouse to work, I might as well skip the middleman.

Last edited by ryck; 03/07/19 02:03 PM. Reason: Correction

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C