Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: deniro
This behavior is especially common among those who consider themselves good, compassionate people. Which ought to make all of us stop and think.

In the absence of verifiable data, I have trouble with the "especially common" conclusion. It makes me think about Donald Trump's dubious pronouncements about the people in the torch-carrying procession at Charlottesville:

“But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me….”

“You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists,”

“The press has treated them absolutely unfairly.”

“You also had some very fine people on both sides,”

But in reference to the title of this thread, even Donald Trump was aware of the gravity of presidential threats. When the Dow Jones dropped a little over 1000 points one day during Obama's tenure, Trump-the-citizen said that "anyone who is president when the market drops a thousand points should be shot…out of a cannon."

He knew, or was told, that if he stopped at "shot", he could be subject to investigation or arrest for threatening the President. So the title of this thread, while a clever number play, may just be…

Of course, during his reign #45 has seen two daily drops of over 1000 points. So where is that cannon? crazy

On a Mac since 1984.
Currently: 24" M1 iMac, M2 Pro Mac mini with 27" BenQ monitor, M2 Macbook Air, MacOS 14.x; iPhones, iPods (yes, still) and iPads.