Originally Posted By: deniro
I don't like to argue subjects like this on a tech forum…..

I’d say this is a perfectly acceptable topic for The Lounge. Going back many years, to when FineTunedMac was MacFixit, The Lounge has always been designated as the forum for discussion of any non-technical issue.

Originally Posted By: deniro
If a person threatened the senator, if he wished him harm in any way, that's a federal crime.

I don’t know American law but I assume that the same principle (a threat is a crime) applies, whether or not a person is a politician.

That’s how it works in Canada. If you came up to me and threatened to punch me in the face, and I believed you would do it, I have been assaulted and you could be charged. And I agree with the principle. Any citizen has a right to live without intimidation.

However, I don’t recall any threats like that in this thread. Even the unfortunate (IMHO) title of the thread, “Maybe 45 needs to end it all with a .45”, isn’t a threat. It’s an opinion and opinions are okay, as is the right to disagree with them.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C