I don't like to argue subjects like this on a tech forum, but freedom of any kind isn't absolute. There are always limits. Obviously there are things you can't say and shouldn't say. As adults at least we should think more about responsibilities than rights, about how we ought to act responsibly and decently, rather than try to do whatever we can get away with.

In his 20s, my brother worked for a senator. He had to answer letters from people. If a person threatened the senator, if he wished him harm in any way, that's a federal crime. You can easily wind up on some list. As it should be. Threats of violence do occur in the lives of elected officials and sometimes actual violence. Presidents are shot at and killed. In recent years a senator from Kentucky was assaulted by his next door neighbor, a doctor, simply because the man disagreed with is opinions. The senator was hospitalized. This is primitive and barbaric. There's something sick and pathetic about people who can't disagree with each other in a civil way.

Wishing any person were dead or harmed is immature and unethical. No good comes from it, and possibly a lot of bad can come from it. It's not cute or funny or amusing or helpful.

It's not the kind of thought I have had often in my life. I can't think of a politician, or anyone, that I have agreed with all the time about everything. But that doesn't mean I want something bad to happen to them.