Heh, as a matter of fact I have.

Unicomp makes a version of the Model M in Lexington, KY. Several versions. I admire that, but reviews suggest the quality is poor. I'm not sure I want something that loud. Others have commented on hand fatigue. I would like to go the other direction, something easier to type, not harder.

In the mid 1990s I used an IBM model M keyboard. Best keyboard I ever used. Sounded like a machine gun. Fast and loud.

A few years later I used a Lexmark electric typewriter. This was after Lexmark bought the IBM technology. Best typewriter I ever used. Had arrow keys on the lower right (like a computer keyboard) that rolled the platen so you could zip all over the page and correct your mistakes. Inexpensive, lightweight, easy to replace ink, correction tape was invisible. Loud of course.

Oh, IBM. I never thought I would miss IBM. And Xerox. Those great copiers.

The Kinesis Advantage looks like a winner. But with a $350 price tag and an unorthodox layout, it isn't what I'm looking for. The Kinesis2 Freestyle is unfortunately a membrane keyboard that reviews suggest is cheap plastic which slides around the desk easily. My Matias does that already. But the split keyboard makes a lot of sense to me. I think that would reduce wrist pain. I don't know. I may try the Kinesis2. There's a 60 day return.

I've spent years reading about keyboards.