Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Whatever the launch agent com.apple.suggestions.harvest: was supposed to do, the launch agent has disappeared or perhaps subsumed in another launch agent in subsequent releases of MacOS, at least is does not appear on any of the Macs here running Mojave.

All three of us missed the fact that grelber's original and subsequent posts reference what turn out to be different functions of the same launch agent:
  • 2018-12-26 2:35:36.981 com.apple.cts[263]: com.apple.suggestions.harvest: scheduler_evaluate_activity told me to run this job; however, but the start time isn't for 22040 seconds. Ignoring.
  • 2019-01-14 3:54:55.072 com.apple.cts[245]: com.apple.suggestd.persist-stats: scheduler_evaluate_activity told me to run this job; however, but the start time isn't for 600 seconds. Ignoring.
Both com.apple.suggestions.harvest and com.apple.suggestd.persist-stats are functions of /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.suggestd.plist in El Cap 10.11.6 (which I determined by extracting it from my El Cap 10.11.6 installer with Pacifist and openig it on my desktop).

I then examined the El Cap 10.11.6 Combo and found that it overwrites the launch agent in question.

It appears, then, that grelber's launch agent may be may be corrupted, and if that's the case, rerunning the 10.11.6 Combo ought to solve his problem. (Or could it be the functionality that causes the launch agent to fire that's misfiring?)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire