Originally Posted By: kevs
ok I'll pass doing this unless guided by an Apple tech.

Your choice, but you would still want to have a current Time Machine backup or clone — just in case. The Apple techs have no magic mojo that would shortstop either Murphy's law or MacGillicuddy's corollary.

But then how do you "reboot" icloud?

I have no idea what that would be. Only Apple can reboot the thousands of iCloud servers in data centers around the world. Individual servers are rebooted, taken offline, upgraded, and added to the server array all the time but almost never noticed because the load is dynamically being adjusted and balanced among servers in the farm and between server farms around the country and world.

PS Joe you are moderator now... what is the deal with fine tuned mac, connecting so slow? Is used to be instant like most forums but now need a full minute for a post to complete after clicking post.

FTM was moved to a new server several months ago and we have been fighting the problem since. There is an on-going thread on the topic here. As far as I can tell the issue is only with new posts, and the posts are being made in a timely manner, but the updated thread screen is not getting to the poster in a timely manner. Gateway timeouts are all too frequent. Suffice it to say it is a work in process at this point.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein