I upgraded to Mojave (10.14.2) the other day and, apart from some initial coniptions with 1Password, all is going well except Word and Excel (16.16.3 standalone version) crash on opening. The only bit in the crash report that's in understandable everyday English says:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

This seems clear enough (although the reference to “CORPSE” is a bit of a worry for someone in his 70th year) but I’m very unsure about what to do about it. Google search results tell me that many others are unsure too, including the Microsoft forum which advised a user to delete the “com.microsoft.word” folder (doesn’t exist on my system) or reinstall Office. Apparently the reinstall worked for the user but I’m reluctant to do this because I can’t locate my original Office install disc and its serial number which I’m pretty sure will be required.

The Office apps will launch fine when the system is booted from a High Sierra clone. This strongly suggests that Mojave is the culprit and I held off upgrading until now for this very reason - ie allow compatibility etc issues to be sorted out. Minor rant: In view of Mojave’s extensive lead time it’s bizarre that software from one of the world’s biggest companies and used by so many is suddenly missing an essential library (on my system anyway). It’s enough to make me resort to Pages and Numbers…

…hmm now there’s an idea, these look perfectly capable for my limited requirements but, before I do that, does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions for my inoperative Office installation?

Andy