Originally Posted By: artie505
(I just ran across Bottled Water Exposed (Not Good) which states that fluorine "can actually do more harm than good, like causing fluorosis — permanent deformation of the teeth", and that many bottled waters contain at least some.)

In large areas of West Texas the water naturally has very high levels of fluoride and I know many people who live or grew up in that area. The only ill effects they report are...
  • A noticeable brownish cast to their teeth
  • They never get to visit a dentist for other than routine tooth cleaning
  • The nearest dentist may be a 200 or more miles away because they cannot make a living in the area
  • People who move to the area seem to become equally immune to tooth decay after living in the area for four or five years or more
  • if anything the average IQ of those growing up in the area may be above the national average based on college graduation rates
  • I know several who at one time or another started drinking bottled water (mostly for cosmetic reasons), but went back to the local water after they began suffering cavities and other dental problems
All of which leads me to question whose axe the author of your referenced article was grinding?

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney