I had visions of people with watering cans moistening the ground into which their stakes are driven. tongue

The 80 year old building in which I live is nowhere near up to current code (I imagine that the same can be said for much of NYC.), and I've got no idea how or if even my apparently grounded outlets are grounded. (Three were installed after the fact and may be kosher, and I've never even bothered to count the wires in the one of my original eight. In fact, the super doesn't even bother with an adaptor when he installs a new refrigerator...merely clips the grounding prong.)

Heck, I've still got glass fuses! shocked

I ran across another article about the incident which said that the lady in question was 69, so this particular idiocy probably ended with her. (I didn't see anything about contagion, but if she got it from tap water, an entire community may be at some degree of risk.) In today's litigious climate, the manufacturer of her neti pot should have emphatically specified boiled water or saline rather than merely having "suggested it" as per the article.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire