I had to get Thanksgiving and our Colluder In Chief's humble declaration that he's thankful that America's got him deep in the background of my rear view mirror before I could get back to this.

Pence's ability to deal with Congress is something, but it's not at all comparable to LBJ's. The influence he gained during his twelve years in the House (two as Chair of the House Republican Conference) pales into insignificance by comparison to that gained by Johnson during his twelve years in the House and twelve in the Senate (two as Majority Whip, two as Minority Leader, and six as Majority Leader) back during the days when the two parties were separated by a mere aisle, not a barbed wire entanglement.

And although Catholicism has more adherents than any other religion in the U.S., I suspect that a lot of adherents of the other religions are at least a bit wary of it (In his next incarnation, Mueller could be investigating Vatican interference with the democratic process. shocked ), not to mention that its largest voting block, Latinos, is hardly enamored of Republicans of any persuasion.

Trump's personality cult (Perish the thought that he ever starts cultivating Generals!) may actually give him more sway in Congress and the streets than Pence could ever hope for.

I'll believe the Republicans' indignation over his kowtowing to yet another dictator when I see, not just hear, their response, and the Democratic controlled House is a fait accompli for both.

The wild card is the Supreme Court and how far its commitment to the principles of the Constitution has strayed.

This, by the way, is Trump's prototype uniform for when he takes over. (Even kinda looks like him.)

Footnote: List of current United States Senators by age (That list as of November 24, 2018 includes John McCain, so I dunno.)

Those in their 80's may actually have an election or two left in their careers.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire