Between the mid-term political electioneering and the upcoming gift giving season, I have been inundate with literally hundreds of emails a day and although the elections are over the electioneering goes on relatively unabated. So I have embarked on a journey of unsubscribing to all but the most interesting mailing lists. Unsubscribing from most political lists works well (but they all too often give their lists to other related campaigns). But I am frequently encountering commercial sites where the Submit button does not work. At first I suspected it was some incompatibility with Safari, but it doesn't work when using Firefox or Chrome, and the results are the same on MacOS and iOS.

I can always call their customer service department on the phone and complain or train Mail and/or SpamSeive the offending emailer is spam (which of course continues the useless consumption of bandwidth), but these are legitimate and highly reputable vendors and they should work. (I haven't looked at the site code but it would appear from the GUI these sites all are using the same email service or mailing list management software.)

My question is whether anyone else is running into the dis-functional submit button problem or is it just me?

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein