Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
I already do that. But it didn't do any good because the other cookies joined in after I deleted them. I want something that will get rid of the repopulating cookies for good until I go to their site or a site that uses a third party cookie where I have no choice. That's what's usually happening, cookies from unknown entities.

Hi, Rita,

You're going to have to be specific about what's happening or link us to a website where it's happening. If your repopulating cookies are evercookies, Cookie should be able to get rid of them (I'm not aware of any alternatives.), and if they're something else, I can't be sure what they are without experiencing them. (I haven't gotten the impression that evercookies are prevalent.)

Nor do I follow "the other cookies joined in after I deleted them". What's it mean?

I mean after I get rid of cookies of all but the 3 cookies I want to keep, all the cookies that I just got rid of come back, even if I don't have a tab or window open for that cookie. They just keep coming back over and over and over again. That's why I think they are ever cookies. They are also for sites I've never been to.

Originally Posted By: plantsower
Also, Safari has been very slow, and in reading up on all the things I can do to speed it up, CleanMyMac X was recommended with a lot of good reviews. Do you know whether that app is safe or not?

I just looked at CleanMyMac X 4.0.4, and it's awfully pricey for what appears to be functionality that's can be had at -0- cost elsewhere.

I just used the free version but even though it said it freed up my ram, I didn't notice a difference on my old mac. Under storage it says that both of my 2 gig storages of RAM are in use. So even though I hardly use any of my other memory, my RAM is almost filled up for some reason. I wonder if that's why it's so slow and has the beachball.

And aside from that, a brief look didn't give me any reason to believe that it would speed Safari up. (For what it's worth, I'm finding Safari 12 to be slow...don't remember about 11.)

I will probably dump it even though it's free. I didn't notice a difference.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8