I know it's weird. But I just checked and I still don't have any ever cookies. I only had two cookies I didn't want in "manage my cookies". The long list of repeat cookies isn't coming back for some reason.

If I told Cookie to not let me log in, it was an accident and I don't know what I did, but I can log in now that Cookie is gone. I can also log into the Cookie forum which I couldn't do after I installed Cookie.

I know it's simple for some people to use but not for me. I don't do well figuring out how things work on my own without a manual.

Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
It's seems too complicated to me since I need to keep about 3 or 4 cookies. If I were to get rid of all of them it would be so much easier. I used it last night and it showed my favorites which included my bank. I could not log into my bank at all on this computer. I logged in on my old MacBook pro to make sure it wasn't the bank site. It wasn't. I tossed the Cookie and now I can get into my bank.

Cookie doesn't do anything that could affect your login unless you tell it to.

Also when it showed me my favorites list it included FinetunedMac. I was able to check the box next to it but for some reason the words FinetunedMac were grayed out.

That computes. Once you check a site as a Favorite it remains as a place holder even if you inadvertently delete its cookies, and your FTM cookies periodically disappear until your next login, so that's probably why it was greyed out.

I must say that it did get rid of those pesky cookies that kept repopulating m y computer. They came back this morning but I could get rid of them without them returning. Weird since I don't have Cookie anymore.

Something doesn't sound right there.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8