Since the release of the new iPhone XS/XS Max, there has been a lot of noise re owners’ (justifiable) complaints of WiFi and LTE connectivity issues.

Apparently, the WiFi piece of this issue is now resolved, or partially attenuated, by iOS 12.0.1. AFAIK, the LTE piece remains fully unresolved.

I presume Apple is sparing no expense in working this issue, but from here, I have little insight to the problem/fix and when, if ever, the problem will be a thing of the past.

Not unexpectedly, there is no feedback from the mothership, so I haven’t (even) a clue as to how wide-spread the problem may be. So for me, even bounding the issue is difficult.

A direct consequence of all this, is that while I would like to buy a new iPhone X, that will be deferred until after there is broad consensus that the problem has been fixed.

My ignorance (and frustration) is great (well, high).

Has anyone seen an “official” statement from Apple? Perhaps that would help calm the savage beast…

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire