Putting aside the use of the word "artist" to refer to someone who doesn't paint or sculpt...

I wondered if there was a way to add images to missing artist pictures in itunes 12.8.

Maybe there needs to a program, an itunes assistant, for all those tweaks you want to make on your library.

People have complained about itunes going downhill. It's not that bad, really, though it is difficult to find the right prefs for what you want to do. Lots of hide and seek. Altogether too much needless fiddling. But the library organization is still better than other programs I've tried. Better than earlier versions of itunes, where I found it quite easy to screw up my library while trying to improve it, find files, delete duplicates, and so on. The innards got better while the outer got worse.

You get some nice features in JRiver and Clementine. Amarra gives you few options and bombards you TIDAL everywhere in its dark mode interface. But where's my library? Similarly, when you start Fidelia, you get that nice graphic of a stereo with a big knob you can't turn. But where's my library? Clementine does a much better job of revealing your library and give you a lot of features, which is odd given that it's open source and free. It's a much more intuitive program than many others. The font handling in JRiver is terrible. I was surprised to see that the Mac version appears to be inferior to a version I ran on Windows 7.