Originally Posted By: joemikeb
One simple way to recover storage space on your iPhone is on the iPhone Storage window, select a seldom used application and instead of Deleting it, Offload it. This will retain the application data but delete the application itself.

That’s a great idea. It’s be good to know how to do this and, I’m willing to bet, other FTMers would also like to know.

Originally Posted By: joemikeb
There are several tricks available to reduce storage space requirements on iOS devices and transfer part of the storage load to iCloud but all impose at least some limitations/restrictions. Whether or not they are noticeable depends on your normal usage pattern. If you are interested let me know and I will take a shot at listing them.

Messages is 5.32 GB and probably contains every message ever received or sent. I could use help with this one. I wanted to delete entire message strings but couldn’t figure out how.

Otherwise, the big ticket items for me are:

Photos and Camera, with the library using 3.81 GB.

The easy solution for this is to dump most of the photos (they’re all on my desktop with two backups), and I should manage the storage better in future. Except: The iPad won't let me delete older pictures. A bunch go back 10 years but, when selected, the Trashcan is not given as an option.

Mail is 1.67 GB and that’s fine

Music is 9.76 GB but I wouldn’t want it any of it where it wasn’t accessible any time, any place.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C