Originally Posted By: Ira L
I'm not familiar with AOL's offerings, but do you have an AOL calendar that you are working with remotely via Apple's Calendar?

If so, that might be the cause of the difficulty. Calendar cannot access the AOL calendar, so yes, probably an AOL issue. If you don't have an AOL Calendar, then look at your calendars in Calendar (click the "Calendar" button) [wow, that's a lot of "calendars" in one sentence] and see if one shows up in the list, along with "Holidays", "Birthdays", etc. Delete it if you didn't think you have/need it.

If it is not in the list, then crazy

Bingo! Upon opening my Accounts, I noticed the check box to enable the subordinate accounts. Apparently the preference needed reestablishing because as soon as I toggled the checkbox, the Alert disappeared (as well as an AOL header that appeared when opening Calendars).

So for now, all is again right with the world, even tough I haven’t a clue re how that AOL IMAP calendar got created.

Of course, Ira, my many thanks!

Harv
27" i7 iMac (10.13.6), iPhone Xs Max (12.1)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire