When it comes to the computer world, I try to avoid assumptions. I'm not going to pay. Apple would pay. Someone would pay. Not me. I didn't break it.

I'm considering calling Mac of All Trades. I see no harm in asking them to explain why my monitor isn't in excellent shape as advertised. Let them solve the problem. I didn't cause it. Let them explain how they define excellent. I did read their site carefully. I doubt they're trying to trick me. Maybe there are problems with that particular card.

Google searching taught me that there was a repair program for models made around the same time as this one. It's not the same AMD card but it's close. The last iMac I owned I had to have the monitor repaired due to lines and dead pixels. Others complained online. Apple denied and refused. Same old story. It took a lot of effort but I got them to pay for it.

I feel I've already made compromises with this Mac, and as I've said, I doubt my long-term future is with any Apple computer unless there are dramatic changes.

Last edited by deniro; 08/18/18 04:20 PM.