Originally Posted By: jchuzi
My own experience was: I had an interesting issue with my local newspaper, Kingston Daily Freeman. They started to limit the number of articles that you could read per month and wanted a monthly subscription fee. That was not a problem; I do that with the NY Times. Unfortunately, even after signing up and having the fee automatically charged to a credit card, I was unable to get those articles. Tech Support was no help, and they didn't call me back when I asked for their IT department. It was impossible to change my method of payment via my account, not to mention that it was not possible to opt out.

You would think that in this time of fewer and fewer people and organizations supporting (print) media outlets, those outlets would be exquisitely sensitive to consumer wants and needs. Not to mention the slagging that 'disreputable' ~ 'less than reputable' such outlets are heir to in social media when they screw over loyal patrons.

If it were me and I had a social media account, my desire for retribution would guide my actions. At the very least I would badmouth the Kingston Daily Freeman to all and sundry in my circle of friends and acquaintances. Kingston ain't that big that it wouldn't get back to them, even if you didn't directly call the CEO and editor-in-chief with your grievance.