Originally Posted By: alternaut
Originally Posted By: ryck
I don't understand why you require it or why you might think that anyone should have to provide it.

It seems to me that the issue isn't so much that you have to provide anything, but that you won't or can't. shocked
Apart from that, I'm sure you can understand why such statements would be of interest. tongue

Why is it an issue if I choose to keep the reasons for my beliefs to myself? To be blunt - it's nobody else's business.

It's only the atheists who seem to care why someone has a belief other than theirs. I think about the various church people who show up at my door wanting talk about their views. I simply say "Thanks anyway but I have my own beliefs" and they just go away.

They don't demand that I answer why. They don't suggest that, if I believe in something other than what they believe, there must be something wrong with me or that I'm incapable of rational thought. My guess is that if one of the zealous atheists showed up I'd be having the police remove them from my property and I'd be considering charges.

And, no, I don't understand why anyone else would care what I believe or why.

The only thing I wonder about in all of this is: What other freedoms do the atheists think should not exist?

ryck

Last edited by ryck; 10/14/09 12:17 AM. Reason: Grammar

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C