I didn't want to say it, but I try to keep my usernames private. A person I dislike, who I consider to be a psychopath, said to me "You're Deniro, right?" Like the other mind games this person plays, it bothered me. One of the familiar games is "I know about you" comments dropped at the appropriate time. In these times of decreased privacy, lax security, and increased psychopathy, I thought I would change it. None of this is funny by the way. I'm reluctant to say anything because it usually reflects badly on me.

Other events have reminded me how long it's been since I've admired Robert Deniro. Granted, he looks a lot like my uncle, but it's been a long time since I've admired his work and I don't watch movies anymore. What seemed clever at the time now looks stupid. So I guess I'm getting old.

I didn't want say any of this, and I know it's dumb, but I looked over the preferences and couldn't find the option. Most web sites allow me to change usernames quickly without fuss or explanation.

I haven't chosen a new name yet. I would like to retain my post history, though I guess it doesn't really matter. I could start over with a new account.