Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis
tacit I just have to ask: if you truly believe science is superior, why do you feel so compelled to repeat the same stuff over and over? It smacks of insecurity. Who exactly are you preaching to? We are on page 10 now... and since page 2 it seems you've been battling an invisible God or something. We are Mac users here... not retards. Give it a rest. No one here really needs these repetitious sermons. Do you need them, for some reason? [i would enjoy hearing something *new* from you.]

I repeat them for the same reason that if we were in a discussion about Santa Claus, I would repeat that reindeer do not fly, there is no toy factory at the North Pole, and a reindeer-driven sleigh can not visit every house in the world in the space of 24 hours--because they are relevant facts and becuse so far nobody has offered any convincing counter to them (or indeed any counter at all).

So what about it? If you think faith is superior, why have you not yet offered up an example of a revelation based on faith that has been demonstrated to accurately describe the physical world in a way that observation can not? If you think that faith has some other function than to describe the physical world, then how would you answer questions like what its function is and why when it does describe the physical world it gets the facts wrong, and why the faithful nevertheless use that faith as a basis for describing the world?

I keep putting the questions out there and you keep dodging them.

I do not recall, so far, any particularly compelling statements from you (or from anyone else) about what exactly the value of faith is, or why it's a good idea to believe something on faith without any supporting evidence.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html