Originally Posted By: artie505
I had intended to follow the clone out and back procedure, but the total lack of reports of APFS issues swayed me, and I'm totally happy with it. (Not to mention that I haven't upgraded DiskWarrior from v 4.x, because I've had no cause to even think about using it since Snow Leopard.)

My experience with APFS has been the same as Arties, zero problems and that is with some not so stable beta versions of MacOS. Look at it this way, APFS has been in use on tens of millions of iOS devices for a good while now and I have not heard the first complaint or problem related to it in that environment.

As for Diskwarrior, although I still have Drive Genius and TechTool Pro and have kept them up to date out of habit, the only actual task I have performed with either of them in over three years is creating Bootwell (Drive Genius) and a ProToGo (TechTool Pro) bootable flash drives. No actual repairs have ever been needed. I seriously doubt I will install the next paid upgrade for either. They are not "paying their keep."

"All you've got to do is own up to your ignorance
honestly, and you'll find people who are eager to
fill your head with information"
--Walt Disney