Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Over the years I have had two or three Macs, two iPhones, and even an Apple Watch replaced under warranty or AppleCare and in one case ended up with a free upgrade to a newer and more powerful iMac. If you are offered a replacement for your problematic iPhone I would never hesitate to take it. If nothing else the warranty restarts with the new device.

If you transfer your AppleCare to a newly purchased device, the new device gets the remaining extended warranty.

So if you bought a computer and AppleCare Jan 2014, and bought a new computer in June 2016, your computer would be 2.6 years old and would be 1.5 years into your 2 years of AppleCare. So it would kick in a year after the new computer was purchased (June 2017) when the new computer's initial warranty was over, lasting half a year and expiring in Jan 2018.

I was just thinking... I don't know if you can purchase AppleCare for the new computer once you've extended another one? speculating, it would probably replace the extension and so you'd just get a total of 3 years coverage?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department