If you didn't live stream it, you can see the video here.

My initial impressions include:

iOS 12
  • speed improvements via changes acceleration profiles
  • a new image format/standard for screen capture including video offering file size reductions of up to a n order of magnitude
  • ARKit (augmented reality available to developers
  • Stunning 3D
  • Major developers such as Adobe and Lego already have products in beta using ARKit technologies
  • new builtin apps (include potentially very useful new functionalities)
  • major enhancements in iTunes and Photos including lots of AI
  • enhanced interoperability between iOS devices and MacOS devices (MacOS app can open the iPhone camera and grab the image seamlessly),
  • security enhancements,
  • Siri enhancements including opening Siri up to third party developers for use
  • new Animoji,
  • Memoji (your custom animoji
  • new customization features,
  • new App Store,
  • Facetime with up to 32 different people in the same conversation (IMHO this is HUGE)
  • Third party navigation apps available in CarPlay (at long last)
  • Measure: an app to accurately measure objects in one, two, or three dimensions (I can already envision hundreds of uses for this app at home, in the workshop, just about everywhere)
MOJAVE (MacOS 10.14)
  • offers universal dark mode (This was a huge hit with the developers who spend their lives staring at computer screens)
  • dynamic desktop that changes the UI color to match the outside lighting
  • desktop stacks (at long last a quick and automatic way to organize all those icons on the desktop)
  • gallery view in Finder (could be very useful for certain kinds of files
  • Markup in Quicklook with several builtin and very powerful actions as well as user created actions, workflows, etc.
  • changes in the UIKit that make it easier for iOS apps to be ported to MacOS (look for a slew of iOS apps to show up on MacOS)
  • News & Home from iOS now available on Mojave thanks to the changes in the UIKit. (about time too)
  • new App Store
In general, while I didn't see any earth shattering new features, the Quicklook enhancements and interoperability between MacOS and iOS features will probably have a major positive impact on my workflow. Hopefully the public beta releases will be out in a few weeks so I can begin to sort it all out.

Last edited by joemikeb; 06/05/18 05:30 PM. Reason: New items added later are in purple

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein