Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Congratulations on finally making the leap and just in time for the first beta release of MacOS 10.14!

I was hoping for the 10.13.5 update first. frown

I haven't performed the same tests you did, but I have added/deleted volumes to/from an existing container, and those actions were recognized instantly by DU.

Adding a partition to my APFS formatted internal SSD either isn't possible, or I'm misunderstanding what I'm seeing:
  • Every item - device, container, or volume - in my DU sidebar has "Partition" enabled.
  • Clicking on each one returns the same "Creating a new volume is easier...." pop-up.
  • When I persist and click on "Partition", I invariably get this pop-up which points to my SSD and tells me that it can't be split because it's not mounted, although, as you can see, "Mount" is greyed out, and since it's my boot device it must [I think] be mounted.
  • And further, selecting my container shows "Mount" as an option although clicking on it does nothing that I can see.
Got me beat!

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire