Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Once again our experience is different. I have Login, iCloud, System, and System Roots keychains, but no Local Items. Only the iCloud Keychain cannot be locked. Have you considered creating yaour own keychain and moving all but the passwords required during initial boot up from Login to it?

I think we're on the same page, because I've also got Login, System, and System Roots keychains, and I'll guess that your iCloud keychain is the equivalent (in your situation) of my Local Items keychain (in my situation) which also can't be locked. (This is my Local Items keychain...all login identities and passwords plus the few highlighted Apple items.)

I'm sorry, but I don't follow your "new keychain" suggestion. As far as I can tell from very sparse search results, the functionality is for when a damaged keychain needs to be replaced, and even if it's applicable in my situation, won't it be useless - other than for keeping something locked that doesn't need to be locked - if Safari can't access it?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire